The retirement institution is located in an urban expansion area of council housing built from 1975–1985 using prefabricated construction methods. The design takes up Magdeburg projects of brick Modernism as influenced by Bauhaus and industrial architecture between 1920 and 1930. The design, which creates identity within the area, conveys a sympathetic and open atmosphere for residents, personnel and visitors by means of brightly coloured, thoughtfully furnished interiors.

Project:
Client:
Services:
Prize:
Gross floor area:
Places: